HOW WE OPERATE
Our Eco Ethos
Some of the ways we ensure our products reflect our love of nature include:
• Organics: Whenever possible, we use organic cotton grown without pesticides, herbicides, or synthetic fertilizers that can be harmful to ecosystems.
• Recyclables: We strive to use synthetics that have been recycled. Our tri-blend goods are made with polyester derived from recycled plastics.
• Ethical Manufacturing: We source our products from vendors committed to ethical manufacturing practices. We are committed to putting human rights ahead of profit.
• Water-based Inks: We screen print our goods with water-based inks, which are more eco-friendly than petroleum-based inks.
• Handcrafted Locally: We seek artisans who handcraft goods reflecting our Pacific Northwest life. It's our way of supporting small business artisans.
Pac Nor Westy was founded in 2017. We started designing our own tees after having trouble finding ones that captured the wanderlust for Pacific Northwest adventures. We were also dismayed by the number of supposed "eco-friendly" brands selling shirts that were anything but eco-friendly or ethically sourced.
Since that start in 2017, Pac Nor Westy has expanded to include designs rooted in outdoor exploration and adventure while increasing our commitment to using eco-friendly materials in our goods.
We love bringing themes of nature together in creative ways to celebrate an authentic, adventurous life. Our team gets out into nature whenever we get a free moment - it's how we get inspired.
A COMMUNITY OF PNW ADVENTURERS
Who are our people? They are lovers of the Pacific Northwest. They're weekend explorers who aren't afraid to sneak in a hike on a weekday afternoon. They're explorers of the land, sea, and sky. They're stewards of the earth and lovers of nature. They thrive on the adrenaline of adventure. Outdoor adventures may not happen every day, but it doesn't stop their dreaming and wanderlust.
LA CONNER, WASHINGTON
OUR STORE, STUDIO, & HOME
Our design and print studio is located in historic La Conner, WA. A little over an hour north of Seattle, the Skagit Valley is a rich agricultural and scenic area nestled between the North Cascades and the Washington Coast. We're near the gateway to the San Juan Islands and just a quick drive from Deception Pass State Park. The coast, the mountains, the forests, and everything in between are literally our back yard and serve as inspiration for our designs.
Come visit us in historic downtown La Conner, WA.
We're located at 109 Commercial St.
(across from Maple Hall)
FOUNDER & CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Rich started designing shirts completely on a whim. Always one to have a knack for digital art, a need to express pent up creativity found its way into graphic design. As things would have it, his love for the Pacific Northwest quickly aligned to this newfound digital arts medium and Pac Nor Westy was born in 2017.
Raised in Alabama, Rich moved west in 2011 and likes to describe himself as "Pacific Northwest by choice". While his Southern accent may occasionally make an appearance, the PNW has become his adventure grounds and home.
When he isn't dreaming up new designs with a clever pun-twist, Rich enjoys kayaking in and around the coastal waters of the San Juan islands, hiking up to one of the many scenic vistas within a day's drive, and road trips to beautiful and obscure PNW locales.