North Cascades: Finding Beauty and Renewal in the Wild NearbyRegular price $29.95
Experience a magnificent region through the words and images of accomplished writers and photographers and local residents.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning author William Dietrich presents the rich history and challenges facing this rugged habitat just hours from Seattle.
- In his foreword, Richard Louv examines the importance of preserving our local wilderness areas for generations to come.
- Poet Gary Snyder shares musings from his time spent as a fire lookout in the region.
- Guidebook author Craig Romano encourages boots-on-the-ground exploration, from day hikes to more ambitious backcountry travel.
- Christian Martin, of North Cascades Institute, profiles leaders dedicated to protecting this landscape.
- Twenty photographers, including Art Wolfe, Ethan Welty, Benj Drummond, Paul Bannick, Amy Gulick, and Steven Gnam, bring the North Cascades to stunning visual life.
Released in 2014 in honor of the 50th anniversary of the landmark Wilderness Act, and the 50th anniversary of the original North Cascades photo book by The Mountaineers that helped inspire the creation of North Cascades National Park. More than twenty conservation and recreation organizations working in the North Cascades lent their perspective to this book.
- Paperback book featuring 192 pages
- Language: English